Sportway continues to strengthen commercial team with addition of sport industry veterans Kim Bernhard and Martin Englund
Stockholm (05 July 2021) - After securing partnerships with all of the hockey federations across the Nordics and the Czech Republic for the upcoming season, Sportway continues to bolster its commercial team with the addition of two sports industry veterans, Kim Bernhard and Martin Englund. These additions will further drive Sportway's growth as the company expands its AI sports production network across Europe.
"Sportway's momentum has fueled our need to continue adding sports industry expertise as we further expand into new sports, markets and capabilities across Europe and globally. Adding Kim and Martin with their experience on both the agency and rightsholder sides of the sports business will elevate our ability to deliver Sportway's premium streaming experiences to our current and future partners as we continue to grow," said Daniel Franck, CEO, Sportway.
Kim Bernhard: Director, Commercial Partnerships, Denmark, Sportway
Kim will primarily be responsible for German-speaking and Danish markets as part of Sportway's Commercial team. Previous experience includes:
- Kim has more than 20+ years of international executive experience in the sports media business with WWE, 34th America's Cup, Red Bull Air Race World Championship, Red Bull International, Eurosport and NENT (Viasat).
- Kim has a thorough understanding of working cross-borders with different stakeholders, partners and local teams to maximising key business objectives with a focus on media rights, distribution, strategic development and broadcast production.
- "Having known Daniel and the people behind Sportway for many years, I did not hesitate a second when asked if I wanted to be part of their international expansion. Their proven AI solution has a massive potential and an obvious partner to federations and clubs who want to extend their footprint and introduce an untapped marketing and revenue opportunity," said Kim.
Martin Englund: Director, Commercial Partnerships, Central Europe, Sportway
Martin will primarily be responsible for central European partnerships as part of Sportway's Commercial team. Previous experience includes:
- Martin has represented a diverse portfolio of brands like the NHL, Friends Arena in Stockholm and The Nobel Peace Prize, as well as experience at IMG, AEG and his own consultancy.
- Martin has vast experience in business development, partnership and sponsorship sales. His comprehensive approach from proposal to fulfilment provides Sportway with added experience in all facets of the lifecycle of media rights and sponsorship deals.
- "I am thrilled by the opportunity to start working at Sportway. With their international growth and expansion already started, with the Czech Republic being the most recent country to be announced, I see myself well equipped to contribute with my knowledge and experience to continue this growth in both existing, as well as new markets across Europe," said Martin
Sportway is an industry leader in delivering automated video and data productions using AI to film, produce and broadcast live games, ensuring premium content on a personal level for players, families and fans. Together with their industry-leading AI live production partner Live Arena, Sportway's video productions are driven by an algorithm specially developed for ice hockey games. All of the action is captured using Sportway's fixed, unmanned cameras, which create a panoramic view of the entire rink. The patented AI technology then automatically follows the game by panning and zooming in on key action, providing a professional viewing experience. The technology can also be linked with organizers' databases and game secretariats to automatically generate real-time graphics, as well as replays and post-game highlights. And Sportway further delivers value for clubs with an innovative module for game analysis and workshops on how to optimize player safety procedures by utilizing the video produced.
Sportway's network now has nearly 500 installed production systems planned across Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Denmark and Norway, with expanded development across a wide spectrum of sports ranging basketball, volleyball, floorball, handball, football and other sports. Sportway strives to bring the power of live and on-demand video streaming to sports organizations everywhere, in order to ensure that all sports, on all levels, are available for everyone. These innovative production systems backed by Sportway's scalable business model help unlock a variety of benefits for participating federations, leagues and clubs, including additional revenue streams via subscriptions or pay-per-view monetization opportunities.
For more information, go to Sportway.com.